Wednesday, July 1, 2015

KCW: Surf Shirt

This sumer, Kids Clothes Week ended up being the week my mom & aunt were in town. It made for a fun week of beach trips & my house getting cleaned, but not for a productive sewing week. I did however manage to get in a few projects.

One of my favorites is this surf shirt for Ezekiel. I saw this fabric from Miss Matatabi, & knew Zeke would love it. I've been hoarding saving it for awhile now. 


The pattern is the Johnny B Good hoodie from Shwin Designs in a 5T. I cut out the pattern last fall, & didn't measure him again. I totally should have printed out a size 6, but didn't realize until I was halfway through the shirt. Thankfully, it still fits him, but it probably won't for much longer. Live & learn, I guess.

This was my first time sewing a button down. I usually avoid buttonholes if I can. We don't exactly get along. I can usually get one to look nice. But, sewing multiple buttonholes in a uniform size isn't my forte. In the end, I had 5 same-ish sized buttonholes. 


Of course, he loves the shirt, & that's what really matters.  It came out a little short on him, but it will be great for trips to the pool & beach this summer.


Next time, I may round out the hem a bit, & try out some pearl snaps. I love a good pearl snap shirt.


This little one pulled her shoes out of the diaper bag, cried for me to put them on her, & then promptly pulled one off, running amok through the library. She loves to make us laugh.


Adalae was rocking another handmade of yore. Her Lulu dress I made her last fall. She loves to pair it with all things leopard print.


I'll try to post about the rest of my KCW makes later this week.







No comments:

Post a Comment