Wednesday, July 8, 2015

KCW: Summer 2015

So, we had family in town during Kids Clothes Week this summer. I did still sew some clothes, just not as much as I usually do. Adalae got two new dresses, & Ezekiel got two tee shirts.


The first shirt was a quick refashion from a thrift store shirt. Quick & easy using the flashback skinny tee pattern.


I usually try to ask the kids for their input. They like to be involved, & it makes some interesting clothes. This season, Ezekiel requested a "cookie shirt." He talked about it for a month leading up to KCW, & kept asking when I was going to start. Another simple flashback skinny tee, because its fast, easy, & such a great fit.


The first dress for Adalae is a simple self drafted sundress. She loves her animal prints, so I knew she'd love it. It's already in heavy rotation over here.


The last dress is definitely my favorite. The Charley Harper fabric, & the little pocket. I love it! I took the Blank Tank pattern, & lengthened it to a dress. Also, I took off the seam allowance at the neck & arms. Then bound them with grey ribbing. I think it gives it a much cleaner finish. 

I was hoping to get a little more accomplished, but you know, life & all. I had another dress ready to cut out, but chocolate milk got dumped all over it. Fabric had to get washed, & I've yet to reprint the pattern. Sometimes that's just how it goes though. If it weren't for the crazy kids, & the messes they make, there'd be no KCW.





No comments:

Post a Comment